Workshop Introduction to Tortoise Husbandry and Healthcare
For Vets, Veterinary Nurses, Zookeepers, Welfare Workers and related Professions
- Identification of different species and their natural habitats
- Tortoise gardens and indoor environments
- Illnesses – signs and symptoms
- Rehabilitation and problem solving techniques
- Weighing, measuring, worming, trimming beaks and nail
- Most Common Case studies
- Hibernation preparation and recovery assessment
There will be plenty of opportunity to handle a wide range of tortoises, practise health checks, and ask questions in a friendly supportive atmosphere.
Full course notes including a variety of care sheets, contact numbers of specialists and suggested further reading will be made available to all participants.
Places will be limited to make sure that everyone has the opportunity to participate fully.
Location: The Elms, Unthank Road, Norwich, Norfolk, NR2 2PL
Sunday 20th March 2016
10.00am till 4.30pm (6 CPD hours)
Lecturer: Eleanor Tirtasana
£50 per person
Pre-book only, inclusive of refreshments and lunch
For more details or to reserve your place please email:
firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 01692 402687
Please Note: This course is not aimed at tortoise enthusiasts, separate workshops for this area are available upon request.